Sunday, November 18, 2007

Worship = Amazing

Its hard to put into words what worshipping a living God truly means until you experience it. You know the old saying...when you give yourself to others you feel good. Well that is what I feel when I worship God. Today was amazing, trusting in myself that it doesn't matter what others think about how we worship, just giving it to God and it will all work out. Today there were two sopranos. We had to sing a part just us two. I think 2-3 years ago I would have been so nervous but God has brought me to a place to be comfortable with who I am. We did it, and sung out. I heard my voice across the church and what an exhilaration knowing that not only am I comfortable singing outward and trusting my voice, but that I am comfortable with myself. I came home and looked in the mirror and loved what I saw. I truly feel like I am a beautiful person. Last night I slept beautifully. I am happy to get up in the morning. This is what happens when we trust our lives over to Jesus and He can turn our lives around. I am truly amazed.

1 comment:

XPaulCaputoX said...

Meghan, that's awesome. :)

In the New Testament, John the Baptist proclaimed, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." Which basically means, we're LIVING in it right now.

We don't necessarily have to wait for Heaven until we die. We may not particularly deserve it, but Jesus brought it down to us when He came to earth 2,000 years ago. And it sounds to me that the Kingdom has actually broken through many of the walls and barriers which have been hindering YOU for so long.

You know, I just had this thought... Can you speak in a Tongue? I'm not sure if I can, but when I pick up my guitar or bass, I get a sense that my music is actively engaging the Holy Spirit (Well, at least since I became a follower of Jesus). I think that might also be the case whenever you sing. And I'm glad you're becoming more comfortable in your role as one of the few sopranos.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get to hear at least some of the Choir in Boston this Sunday.