Monday, May 26, 2008

2 weeks left of work!

Today is Memorial Day and I had Friday off so I came up to my mom's this weekend. On Friday night I saw Prince Caspien which I thought was good but I guess it got mixed reviews. Then we got Thai food and relaxed the rest of the night. Saturday morning we got up had coffee and took a walk. It is so peaceful. Then we just chilled most of the day and had dinner together.

Sunday is a whole other story! Long story short - I did an intake of a woman a couple weeks ago and she shows up at the house! It turns out her mother is friends with my mother. This is so amazing and such a God connection. It shows that God is watching over my life and knows exactly what I need. I cannot wait to go in to work Tuesday and tell my boss this story. I don't think I will be her family advocate which is okay because she is a little manic - up and down a lot. But I know whoever will be hers will be good for her. But I'm so shocked and amazed by this. God is good!

Today mom has some friends over then we are leaving in a little while to go back to Somerville. I'm ready to work again but I've really realized that I have to just appreciate enjoying the present. Joyce Meyer is amazing. She said, you have a relationship with yourself more than with other people. If you spend the whole time hating yourself, it will be a pretty aweful relationship. Its true you spend more time with yourself then anyone else, you should love yourself! Thats amazing! Those words really changed my life and that I should enjoy every waking moment. Life wouldn't be fun if I hated myself all the time. I'm going to start loving myself more.

I finish work June 6th. That is only 2 weeks away. I can't believe it. This year has been amazing, its more than a job. I've learned about myself. I've learned how I interact with others and how I interact with myself. I learned that I can do this type of work and enjoy it. I have realized that this is where God wants me to be. Thank you, Lord for all you have done!!

No comments: