Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Long time, eh?

Well I know its been forever, I said I would update more but never did, I apologize. Work has been crazy! Though I'm starting to feel more comfortable. We have a lot of issues and they built up and we finally had to resolve them last week but you know what? I'm learning a lot. I feel like I'm in an internship but getting paid. I know for sure I want to go into human services - more towards the macro end of it but at least I'm getting the micro expereince. I would love to lead a non profit someday. Who knows how long I"ll be here? But I think it will be at least 5 years before I get my Masters.

I finally have some breathing room. We have one kid who is autistic, we had to file on another kid and sporadic attendance in others. I have to call each parent where there is an issue. But I think I am getting it all. Its not that hard of a job, but I'm in a very supportive place.

Family wise, things are okay. I wish my family were different but I can't change that. My dad is sometimes rediculous. I wish when my brother died that I had more family but I'm making my own family now with church and work, so I think I have it pretty good. I've certainly worked hard for what I have and I'm proud of myself.

I am grateful for my mom for providing me with education. I feel like it gives me a heads up in this job. I know a lot more than I think I know.

I have to stop complaining and start realizing that I HAVE A LOT. I have God, I have a wonderful job where I can grow, I have a faith community where I am appreciated and connected to, I have both my parents no matter how flawed they are, I have a supportive boss, friends, my health, health insurance, food, roof over my head, some savings and happiness. I think thats all I need right?

God is good and I just have to remember that!

No comments: