Saturday, October 6, 2007

New chapter in life

Well, I don't know anyone who has blogspot but I'm deciding to start anew. I had livejournal for years...and still do. But I'm thinking of writing more about personal growths and how God has blessed me in this journal. I don't want to be about complaining. I want to be about rejoicing about my life and those around me.

Through a turmoiling year and plenty of ups and downs, I've come to realize one thing, praising God in all circumstances and praying for His will to come is the best option. Don't get down and depressed, but realize all that God has for you if you just have a little hope and faith in Him. If you have more, he will bless you even greater. All it takes is that first step in hope in Him.

I've started work as a family advocate for Head Start in Somerville. What a blessing. I'm being challenged and also blessed working with families. Who would have thought giving an hour of your time to someone that you would also be blessed? Relationships are about give and take. I feel like I've been a somewhat selfish person. I need to realize that we are put on this earth to give back to others. If we stay in ourselves, we are not benefiting the rest of the world.

It's been a long road since graduating college. Having struggled in the past really brought me to this place where I can fully appreciate what I have now.

I'm almost 26. I do not feel like it, as I feel like I'm just starting my youth, figuring out who I am as a person. Having my brother die almost 7 years ago (!), I feel that situation opened up a whole world for me to explore who I am as a person. Since no one can really understand my parents except for us two, I have to rely on God to bring me through the hard times. However, in those hard times I also realize that God has blessed me with parents who love and care for me. Without them, I don't know where I would be.

OK thats enough for now. I'm at my mother's new house in Marlbehead, Ma. I'm really happy for her. I'm glad she found a place to relax. I'm happy with how things are and I pray to God every day that when I get frustrated, God will put a little notice in my head to praise him in this frustration or annoyance. We are all human and we aren't perfect, but God is good all the time in every situation.

3 comments:

XPaulCaputoX said...

Meghan, your age is listed as "1925" on your Profile. How do you stay looking so young?

Meghan's Blog said...

because I didn't put 19 in front of 82 so it just went to that date...grr...oh well. how are you doing?

Karen said...

Hey Meghan,

It's Karen. Remember me?!?! I know I've been MIA but I'm still around. I saw the link for your blog on your Facebook page.

I think it's really cool that you started up a blog. I found your post very encouraging.